View Of Freedom

View of Freedom, March 17, 2014, Joinel Sanchez

This Photo was taken on March 17, 2014 from the living room window of the seventh floor apartment that I live in. The frame cuts out many other buildings that are dwarfed by the massive Freedom Tower skyscraper. The picture was taken in the afternoon, which can be identified because of the sunlight that is shining strongly on the side of the New World Trade Center. The dominant impression that is created by this picture causes a mood that can be best described as uplifting. Just looking at a photo like this puts me in a pleasant state of mind. I believe that the Sun’s rays shining upon the relatively new skyscraper represents a fresh start, or a new beginning. It makes me want to forget about the past and think about a brighter future. The studium of this photo can simply be described as a breathtaking view of Lower Manhattan’s beautiful skyline. A group of smaller buildings are surrounding the famous area that holds the skyscraper known as the “One World Trade Center” building. The bright sunlight really adds to the Freedom Tower being the emphasis of the photo and allows the exceptional skyline view to become an image that is almost impossible to ignore.

One Response to View Of Freedom

1. Hopefully, you will be able to post your images soon.
    Best,
    Prof. Scanlan