The Cue Art Gallery

1959485_296329143825210_2009792442_n

Cue Art foundation, 137 W 25th St, New York, NY 10001

This photo was taken by a friend, while we were at the cue art gallery on 137 W 25th St, New York, NY 10001, Saturday 3/15/14. Our art class had finished and the space we were using for the class was not going to be used anymore. We took all the supplies from the New school of parsons went in to different taxi’s and headed to the cue art gallery. when we got there after putting everything in the basement we looked around at the exhibition by Graem Whyte. one of the art works was a chopped up in geometric shapes ping-pong table. the opening was that day so we waited till he got there and he let us play on the table.

What is interesting about this photo as i interact with the work it shows you half the room and the type of work that Whyte creates, which is fascinating in itself if you meet him and have him talk about the work, or just looking at the work its great. the effect of me in mid action of me hitting the ball is strange for the position i am in as we try to make the table work with the game of ping-pong. The things happening out side the frame is, you see me but you don’t see my friend who i am serving to on the right. On the far left is the entrance where a desk sits beside a wall and the artist, and cue foundation workers talk.

One Response to The Cue Art Gallery

1. I approve of your photo. Good composition.
    Best,
    Prof. Scanlan