“The Victorian Building”

20140313_182610

I took this photo on Pacific Street and Bedford Avenue. This photo is of a Victorian building in Brooklyn. The only Victorian building on the block. The studium of this photo is of two streets lined with parked cars, a row of apartment buildings going down the block, and one Victorian building that no longer is a house and now houses apartments. A man walking up the street towards me taking this photo. My photo has a color distortion from the glare of setting sun picked up by the lens of my camera off a top floor window of the Victorian building. One of the points of the Victorian buildings roof (the second point) centers this photo. there are many different colors of brick that distinguish one building from the next. The pro-filmic event is the man walking up the the block with his head down wearing dark clothing. The reality effect is not real because of the red sunlight distortion that takes from the representation of the reality of the photo. The dominant impression in the photo is the very clear blue sky, the bare trees caused by the winter season and the man walking with his jacket open. Also the sun reflecting off the top floor window at the Victorian building and the glare that sets in the photo. The punctum of this photo. The frame of this photo cuts off the remainder of the block, and the apartment buildings to the immediate right of this photo. The frame at the top of this photo cuts off the top of the bare trees, the roof tops of the buildings and the sky. The frame at the bottom of the photo cuts off the ground floor, exit and the steps of some buildings, the street view of the parked cars, and the legs of the man walking. The photo frame to the left cuts off parked cars, trees and what is across the street.

One Response to “The Victorian Building”

1. I approve of your photo. Good composition.
    Best,
    Prof. Scanlan