Reading Due

Tues 5/13:  Your in-class Quiz #5/ Practice Final-Exam Essay will be on Social Networking in the 1600s.           

Fri 5/2:  Continue reading your Research Project sources, and Finish “Thinking Critically About Research”

Tues 4/29:  “Thinking Critically About Research” sections—“Scholarly versus Non-Scholarly Sources”, “Sources That Are Both Scholarly and Non-Scholarly?” (through p. 8), and Begin reading your Research Project Sources

Fri 4/25:  “Thinking Critically About Research” by Steven Krause sections—“What is ‘Research’ and Why Should I Use It?”, “What’s Different about Academic Research?”, “Primary versus Secondary Research” (till top of p. 5)

Tues 4/1:  Make sure you’re all caught up on “In Tunnel, ‘Mole People’…,” “At the End of the Tunnel…” and “Homes for the Invisible,” below!

Tues 4/1: “Homes for the Invisible

Fri 3/28: “In Tunnel, ‘Mole People’ Fight to Save Home”  and  “At the End of the Tunnel, a Home”

Fri 3/14: “From Doo Wop to Hip Hop” by Mark Naison (PWWD p. 162)

Fri 3/7: “Bushwick Gets a Fresh Coat”

Fri 2/28: Finish “My Lost City”

Tues 2/25 : “My Lost City,” through p. 6

Fri 2/21: “My Lost City,” through p. 4

Tues 2/18: “My Lost City” by Luc Sante, through p. 2

Fri 2/14: “A Living Museum of Sad Stories ” and “Twist in Eviction Case

Tues 2/11:  “Where I’m From” by Willie Perdomo (PWWD p. 29)

Fri 2/7: “Is Our Children Learning Enough Grammar to Get Hired?” / “Good Applicants With Bad Grammar” (Just read both passages and summarize in your journal; don’t worry for now about the essay instructions on top.)

Tues 2/4: “Take the F” by Ian Frazier (PWWD p. 24)

Fri 1/31: “The Colossus of New York” by Colson Whitehead (The Place Where We Dwell p. 6)