Writing Due

Tues: 5/20: Your Gumbayaya Journals are due in class again on the day of the Final. This time, your journal should contain thirteen (13) article-summaries. You are responsible for the nine summaries that were due on the day of the Midterm, as well as for the four summaries that have been assigned since then. (See the “Reading Due” section of this site for a list of all thirteen articles, and for links to those that are not in your PWWD books.)  Remember: Your journals are worth 10% of your final grade. 

Fri 5/16: If you have not already handed in your Quiz 5–that is, your five-paragraph essay on “Social Networking in the 1600s” in response to one of these two essay options–you’ll need to hand it in to me on Friday. So finish it at home.

Tues 5/13: Quiz #5 (Practice Final Exam)— In class, you will be writing a five-paragraph essay about “Social Networking in the 1600s.”                                                    Make sure to bring the handouts from Friday, especially the two essay options handout.  You can prepare as much as you’d like, and bring any materials you’d like. The one-paragraph summary you wrote in class on Friday might come in handy, for instance. And I highly recommend bringing an outline!

Fri 5/9:  Annotated Bibliography due

Tues 5/6:  Annotated Bibliography Worksheet, and Your Thesis Statement (in no more than one or two sentences)

Fri 5/2:  List of at least two possible Thesis Statements (i.e., two possible answers to your Research Question)

Tues 4/29:  List of at least four possible Sources

Fri 4/25:  You will hand in Your Research Project Question, and a List of at least two possible Sources 

Fri 4/11:  Essay #2 due

Tues 4/8:  Quiz 4 due (if you haven’t already handed it in)

Fri 4/4:  First draft of Essay #2

Tues 4/1:  Essay #2 Outline

Fri 3/21:  Catch up on any of the NINE article summaries you haven’t yet written in your Gumbayaya Journals. (See the “Reading Due” section of this site for a list of all nine articles, and for links to those that are not in your PWWD books.) Make sure to bring your summaries/ journals into class on Friday.

Tues 3/18:  Paragraph about the message of a song (any song) and what its lyrics suggest about some aspect (any aspect) of our world. Make sure to bring in the song lyrics!

Fri 3/14:  Quiz 3 (take-home) is due.

Tues 3/11:  Essay #1 (final draft–to be graded) is due.

Tues 3/4: First Draft of Essay #1 (I will collect but won’t grade these.)

Fri 2/28:  Finish “My Lost City” Reading Questions AND create your Outline for Essay #1 (I will collect these outlines!)                                                                       Also, FOR EXTRA QUIZ CREDIT: correct your Quiz 2, and explain, in a sentence or two, WHY each of your original answers was wrong. Consult Rules of Thumb for the grammar rules that explain it all!

Tues 2/25: “My Lost City” Reading Questions 14 – 26

Fri 2/21: “My Lost City” Reading Questions 13 – 18

Tues 2/18: “Where I’m From” Writing Task (PWWD p. 30) AND  “My Lost City” Reading Questions: numbers 1 – 12

Tues 2/11:  5-Paragraph Cover Letter OR 5-Paragraph Response to “Grammar Debate” Articles

Fri 2/7: Quiz 1: Take-Home Grammar

Fri 1/31: Just the one-paragraph summary of “The Colossus of New York” in your Gumbayaya Journal. But that happens every time you finish an essay–so from now on I won’t mention the journal summaries: They’ll go without saying.