BP2 and Draft 1 Tech-Lit Narrative

1. Why haven’t heard anyone refer to him before?

2. I appreciate McLuhan multidimensional approach of looking at things from several view points.

3. his point about stepping back from the newspaper and seeing it as an a environment is intriguing. Can you elaborate Professor. Pg. 14

4. I.A Richard’s defines translation as interpreting and reinterpreting. I find this interesting. Changing words.

5. Even though the alphabet is a part of human evolution, I wonder what language would like without the alphabet.

6. On pg. 36, his reason for asking questions is something I practice today and teach my older children.

7. If language is technology and words are artifacts, do we create different languages to see language evolve?

8. I found McLuhan take on Hitler amusing and thought provoking. If Hitler had been on television he would of disappeared.

9. McLuhan pleads to his children to not have his grandchildren watch television is what I preach to my own children regarding my grandchildren.

10. McLuhan  perspective on the media us making as happy versus making us aware is the problem with media today.

QUOTE: Pg.34. “ Most of the in the media is like that of a safe cracker. In the beginning I don’t know what’s inside. I just set myself down in front of the problem and begin to work. I grope, I probe, I listen, I test-until the tumblers fall and I’m in”

This quote resonates with me because of the approach. I preach to my kids blindly, not knowing if they find value in what I say or the importance of my lesson. However, they are now college graduates and work in the field they studied. Safe cracked. Lol.

Pg.19

It makes me think of people inside a secret room telling what to think and what to follow, and we actually think our thought are our own but is very much still being controlled.