Postman

The Postman gives his perspective on technology through 5 thoughtful points. The first point being there’s advantages and disadvantages to technology. The second point is this advantages and disadvantages are never distributed equally. The Postman goes on to state the prejudice of technology. Technology is ecological in that nothing is never the same once introduce to technology. An lastly, Technology is look at as a myth. Something people think has always been here.

I have to admit, I have not look at technology thru the lens of the Postman which got me thinking. When I drive through Brooklyn on a Saturday morning, I see no kids playing in the street. Even though out the day, you see more moms with strollers and baby carriages than teens playing stickball, football, or even tag. Where are these kids? On their devices or in front of a television I assume. I learned the same principle apply to technology “ for every action, there’s a reaction”, and in some cases a totally new problem. I believe if we look at technology through the lens evolution we will be prepared to adjust to some of the negative affects of technology. I do believe computer are still a choice. You can choose not to participate, however, you may find navigating through life not as easy as it was when computers did not exist.