BP 12, Ulmer Question

Q: Does electracy emerge from adding emotional value (sentiment and nostalgia) to the metaphysical world?

I find myself thinking whether electracy is bound to happen or whether we steer the wheel and add emotional value to the metaphysical world, thus making it electorate. Ulmer says, “Electracy emerges within the gathering of modernist arts, cinema, and psychoanalysis around the involuntary operations of perception.” For example, Surrealism was a response to Dadaism; Rock had been influenced by Jazz. These movements are paradigm shifts that manifest “aesthetic qualities: intensity, vividness, participation, at the level of the primary being, the feeling of being alive.” 

This question would be interesting to ask to understand humanity’s effect on electracy. The emotional aspect shown through different mediums that have revolutionized our history and created paradigms is an interesting thought. I wonder if electracy is directly linked to human’s natural tendency to find ways to express sentimental values of their way of understanding the world.