Culture Jam BP 10 – Due 11/22 by classtime

Media Activism

Yep. It’s a Banksy.

For BP 10, title it Culture Jamming–BP 10. I want to be able easily find these projects and to find BP 10, so please put both titles in the title area.

Ulmer

First, for next week, our Ulmer reading schedule is to read the next section, The Visceral Turn, by Tuesday. As before, you should post a question to ask Ulmer for this section, and you should post a paragraph that says why you are asking the question.

Madrigal

The Madrigal article is only 4 pages long. Read and write a summary-response. Summarize it in a paragraph and then in a second paragraph give us your thoughts on the piece.

Culture Jam Project. 

According to the detournement 11.15.22 assignment, you should post two projects by class on Tuesday, 11/22. I should have mentioned that you are not limited to using images. Other media are also in play. You can spoof a video, or you can make a sound project, like a podcast. It doesn’t have to strictly be in the image medium.

These are the tools I suggested you try out. Of course, there will be a need to spend some time experimenting. I’ve been searching for others. We may have a guest to come in on the 22nd to offer some technical tips. For now, work with these tools or the Adobe sweet that all PTW students have access to. Again, if you have a problem with your Adobe license, let me know, and I’ll speak to Professor Ellis.

—–

The YesMen, who have been doing Culture Jamming for decades, have put together a list of brainstorming and planning suggestions that are super helpful. I’ve copy and pasted below. This comes from their website. https://theyesmen.org/learn/bookoftricks#faqit68

I’d highly suggest reading through this list and taking notes that are helpful for you. You don’t need to use everything, but there will be tips that you can use.