Is It Wrong To Punish Prisoners?

“Is It Wrong To Punish Prisoners”?

Adrian Raine
Richard Perry University Professor of Criminology & Psychiatry
“Is It Wrong To Punish Prisoners?”
September 10, 2008

According to Dr. Adrian Raine’s amazingly brilliant speech it is. Society tends to focus on justice and responsibility. Many believe that a criminals mind knows right from wrong. However, Dr. Raine asks the question of do they really? Considering new research in neuroscience on the brain of psychopaths a part of their brain called the amygdala has gone out. The “broken brain” of a psychopaths dilutes consciousness and responsible behavior. Dr. Raine possess the question of freedom of will, really being freedom of will in such an instance as the one of a psychopaths brain. This was a very informative and interesting speech which raised a lot of questions on my behalf. I am now much more opposed to the death penalty as ever before.

4 Responses to Is It Wrong To Punish Prisoners?

1. raf says:

This is a topic which is close to my heart… Best wishes! Where are your contact details though?

2. When I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the same comment. There has to be a means you are able to remove me from that service? Thanks!

3. I appreciate, cause I found exactly what I was looking for.
    You’ve ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.
    Bye

4. Tyisha says:

I think this is one of the such a lot important info for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But should observation on some
    common things, The website taste is ideal, the articles is really great : D.
    Just right task, cheers