Announcement: FINAL EXAM notes and TERMINOLOGY

Maurice Sendak's Wild Things

Reminder, the FINAL EXAM is next Thursday, May 17th at 11:30 AM.  Please be on time, arrive early!

Thank you for a semester of stimulating discussion, in class, and on the blog.  Below is a review of the exam format. The Final is NOT cumulative, and the short list for the final is online under “slide lists” in “class documents.” n.b. I have included the vocabulary terms for the terminology section below!

Part I–Slide Identification: 5 slides, 4 points each

Identify each slide by a) Artist, b) Title or subject, c) Date (worth ½ pt), and d) Significance (why is this photograph important?)

Part II–Short Answer Questions: 4 questions, 5 points each

Identify the photographer and title for each slide, then answer specific questions related to the photograph (ie, What photographic movement does this photograph belong to?)

Part III– Slide Comparison Essays: 2 essays, 22 points each

You will be shown two works of art side-by-side. Identify the photographer and title of each work.  I will identify an important art historical issue or problem for the comparison. You should discuss the issue in an essay comparing and contrasting the two slides.  You should make references to material discussed in lectures and readings.  You can refer to other works in order to support a point or observation. Write with clear and concise sentences in essay form.

Part IV–Vocabulary: define 3 terms, 5 points each

Choose only 3 terms to discuss. I will list the following 6 art/photographic movements (Dada, Group f.64, Surrealism, Social Landscape, New Topographics, Pictures Generation). Write a few complete sentences defining the movement and give an example.

Extra Credit (optional)

This entry was posted in Announcements and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Announcement: FINAL EXAM notes and TERMINOLOGY

1. yennyrosario says:

Thank you Professor for the update on the final I feel that this will be very helpful .