New York City Police Officer Is Arrested in Westchester Shooting

An off-duty New York City police officer shot a motorist six times at a stoplight in Westchester County this week, in what an official called a “completely random” attack. Why do you think this has occurred? Do you think that this has occurred due to alcohol consumption by the police officer? As a human services worker, do you think police officers should take a course in human services about counseling and how the human brain functions in order to help them out when they are on the job?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/01/nyregion/new-york-city-officer-is-arrested-in-shooting-of-a-motorist-in-westchester-county.html?ref=nyregion

5 Responses to New York City Police Officer Is Arrested in Westchester Shooting

1. Mohammed I feel they should take some kind of class about the brain, especially when alcohol is involved. I do not understand why drinking while having a weapon, especially loaded, at your disposal is normal for the police. I honestly believe this happened primary due to alcohol abuse, but it is too soon to make assumptions. I do however feel that this officer, and this shooting should be investigated fully, and if found guilty of using his weapon in an unauthorized manner, he should be charged to the full extent of the law, simply because he should have known better.

2. I agree with you Heather as in why they thought drinking was a good idea, while having a weapon loaded. For obvious reasons they could have predicted what was going to happen if they drank while on the job.

3. We absolutely love your blog and find most
    of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for.
    Do you offer guest writers to write content in your case?
    I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write regarding here.
    Again, awesome web log!

4. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?

I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Many thanks

5. Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this site, because
    i want enjoyment, as this this website conations really good funny data too.