Outrage Across Ideological Spectrum in Europe Over Flawed Lethal Injection in U.S.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/01/us/outrage-across-ideological-spectrum-in-europe-over-flawed-lethal-injection-in-us.html?ref=us

Mr. Lockett’s death penalty was on hold for a while in Oklahoma. The Europeans feel as if putting a gun to Mr.Lockett’s head would have been better than torturing him to death with an injection. Both Britain and France issued official statements condemning the execution in Oklahoma and urging the abolition of the death penalty.

One Response to Outrage Across Ideological Spectrum in Europe Over Flawed Lethal Injection in U.S.

1. Wow I heard about this, and believe President Obama gave a speech about it also. Over the years I have heard how those three injections have a tendency of not working as planned. I had no idea that the company actually stopped making them. Then to read that, “The authorities in Oklahoma, and officials in other states, have been improvising new mixtures of drugs” that is inhumane and outrageous. As a human service professional I would advocate for this practice to stop. Granted prisons may become overcrowded with people serving a life sentence, and i do not have an answer for that, but the three shots must stop, especially when officials with no medical background are experimenting with cocktails of their own.