Nodding Mother With Child

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/10/nodding-mother-with-child-video_n_4932888.html

This article reminds me of child abduction where the bystander is witnessing an emergency situation, yet no one intervenes to save him or her. According to the video, how come the person who is recording for 4:24 mins and did not help the little girl? Obviously, something is wrong with the mother yet no one cares until the video posted on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.  IS there a reason why people don’t want to interfere? What do you think as a human service student?

About Jenny Phan

Dental Hygiene Student

2 Responses to Nodding Mother With Child

1. That video absolutely broke my heart. This reminds me all over again why I am in this field. I cannot believe no one stopped to help or even intervene. There were so many people sitting around them yet, not one person tried to help that little girl. This is why human services is so important. We have no idea how many times a day this happens and nothing gets done about it.

2. Natasha says:

I have to agree with Christina this is horrible. As a parent, your job is protect your child and this parent is no way capable of taking care her daughter at this point. When a parent can’t function as a parent ,we need the State to intervene. This is I see as a crisis.