Kelly Said Street Stops Targeted Minorities, Senator Testifies

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/02/nyregion/kelly-intended-frisks-to-instill-fear-senator-testifies.html?ref=nyregion&_r=0

The “Stop-and-Frisk” encounters in the streets of NYC are a very hot topic right now. I think that it only ignites more anger from the black and latino communities when they are the only ones that are being stopped when they have done nothing wrong. These officers are going solely by stereotypes which makes this very unethical

4 Responses to Kelly Said Street Stops Targeted Minorities, Senator Testifies

1. GenesisR says:

If the “Stop-and-Frisk ” law is going to be pushed It should pertain to all who might be suspect regardless of someone’s race. It’s upsetting to know that just because you are a black or latino person you are at a higher risk of getting frisked by the police. This is the problem with society today, it focuses entirely too much on stereotypes and not solid facts!

• Natalie says:

Unfortunately Genesis, racial profiling will always be a reason for stop “suspects” since blacks and hispanics are said to be more violent, thus crimminal behavior is often predicted from these two groups. Of course, it doesnt make it right. Rather, it is very unconstitional.

2. Shammara says:

I honestly do not like the Stop and Frisk law nor do i believe it was intended to racially profile blacks and hispanics. However, this is what has happened. I believe that the Stop and Frisk law should be outlawed, and the only way to do that is for the communities that are most targeted to stand up and say enough is enough. The only way I see this law changing is by the communities fighting for a change in legislation. That begins with lobbying, writing letters, speaking out, and doing what you can do to see that their is no Stop and Frisk law anymore.

3. Hiya, I am really glad I’ve found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is really annoying. A good blog with exciting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I’ll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can’t find it.