Reflection (Aesthetic Mapping)

Posted by on Dec 20, 2014 in ENG1101 Project #4 | No Comments

For project 4, I expected it to be challenging to find a unique route because downtown Brooklyn is an area that seems to have more buildings than trees (in my opinion). However, it was a fun experience even though I would’ve preferred to do it in the spring or summer- where nature is more recognized because of the bloomed flowers/trees. I didn’t try to make my walk too long and I didn’t spend too much time in the park because it was something lie 20-30 degrees outside and I was so cold to the point where tears were coming out my eyes. I don’t think I would have went to take the walk that day if I didn’t have my friend with me because I HATE the cold. But living in Brooklyn, I don’t think I’ve ever been to Cadman Plaza Park and seeing Cadman Plaza Park in the evening was a pretty sight. I spent the most part of this project writing the Pitch since it doesn’t take me 5 minutes to write 700-900 words about my walk. I didn’t remember a lot of the street names so I had to rely on google and google maps to include in my pitch. I didn’t really get any feedback from any peers so I just did some research online about the history of the parks and added that to the Pitch. It wasn’t much but I think I excelled at capturing the right pictures to show what I saw on the walk specifically. I also think I needed to work on what were some more of the sounds and smells on my walk because I didn’t really focus on that.  But like the article said, this walk can ease stress. For me, that’s just what it did for a while.