Web coding

This week was a struggle week. My supervisor was asking me to create a website for her company because the other co-worker was doing the postcard for her then she wants to have a website. I was told my supervisor I’m not very good at web coding. But then she looked up my website and said she wants the website similar to mine because she thinks my web page was simple and clean.

Screen Shot 2015-10-31 at 5.27.22 PM

I found my old html and css files in my laptop then tried to figure out how to change it to become a new one. First of all, I spend a little time to edit the company logo because it has a slight shadow behind the letters and it was faded out a bit. Second, I tried to changes on the tapnav of the website as well as the position, but it took me 1 or 2 hours to finished. In addition, I had to remind myself how to make it work, since my co-worker and supervisor don’t know how to make a website, therefore, they couldn’t give me any advice. Furthermore, I spend two days in web coding, but then my supervisor think to create a website has to spend a lot of time, but then she told me to hold on for the website and assign me to further design work.

It was good experience to create a website in my internship. This makes me think I have to learn and explore more about web design because nowadays many people are focusing on internet, so as a designer has a good skill or technique in web design is very helpful.