Proposal & Progress Reports

Xavier Manzanares

1. Project Description 

My plan for culmination project is to assist lighting Designer such as Professor Miguel Valderrama for the Bindlestiff family Cirkus show in designing the ligthplot and lighting rig, being responsible of updating any changes using the appropriate software, and Programming, Hanging and focusing fixtures for the Bindlestiff family cirkus fall season of 2023.

I plan to work with the Lighting Designer and the rest of the production team. I will be using Vectorworks 2022 and Lightwright i have used these softwares in my previous lighting classes

Schedule

a) Meeting with the Director and Designer 

b) Review lighting plot/ scenery design and other elements that involve lighting 

c) Research and propose technical elements/devices to be upgraded, updated and changed by the production team 

d) Understand the venue in terms of dimensions, equipment, and the lighting positions available e) Find Ideas and inspirations that help to create the design elements. 

f) Analyze the blocking of the play to respond with lighting treatment of the areas to be used 

g) Create paperwork such as the lighting plot, channel hookup, instrument schedule, magic sheets, color pallets,focus pallets ect. 

a) Load in – re-hung, circuit, patch, and focus and color existing lighting fixtures 

b) Make sure all the lights are hooked up to the correct Truss, dimmers and addressed

c) Set up and test any lighting equipment purchased 

d) Focus lights 

e) Program the show ( during tech week) 

f) Run the show 

Deliverables – Lighting plot – Channel hookup – Instrument schedule – Magic sheet – Cue sheets

Resource list and Budget All existing lighting equipment used is owned by the theater All extra purchases for lighting will be advised by the production team and purchased by the College.