PROJECT 3 : EDITORIAL ILLUSTRATION
Overall Project Description:
Create an Editorial Illustration for use to accompany an article in a magazine, printed or online. This project is broken into stages with peer critique and critical feedback given at each stage, spanning 4 weeks in total.
- The final illustration must be created using a limited palate of black, white, and one other color
- It should be made using a combination of traditional drawing / inking skills and digital coloring.
- Final art should be made to fit the real magazine’s specs. (Approx 9” x12”)
Work will be judged on the clarity and cleverness of the overall concept, thoughtful utilization of composition, the use of value, and of course the skillfulness of overall technique.
- 50 % project grade Submit a PDF PROCESS BOOK guiding us through the project from inception to conclusion. Carefully SCAN your process work. This should include : Your Source Material, Brainstorm, Thumbnails, Concept Sketches, Value Roughs, Related Sketchbook Work, and Final Art. Carefully Label all of your work so that your thought process is CLEAR. Be sure all of it is presented well: facing the right way, no shadows in the picture, good contrast, etc.
- 50 % project grade Submit a publication ready 300 DPI JPEG of Final ART