Cover Letter

New York City College of Technology
300 Jay Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201

Hello Gallery Owner,

I am writing this letter to you because my classmate and I would like our art to be apart of your gallery. We have created a glossument book together with my classmates inspired by Tom Phillips work, “A Humument”. My name is Giraffe and i am a communication design major student attending City Tech. My interests are digital art and graphic designs. During the first semester of college, I was given a project by my classes to create a glossument. I believe this project of my glossument would be a good fit to your gallery.

Everyone in my class had to write up 15 glossary words and use it for their glossument. In my glossument book, it contains words that i learnt about throughout the first semester of my English class. Using these words I create a customized book called “The Book That Called My Name.” Some examples of the words i used was Expenditure, AfflatusExasperate, and Matriarch. Each of these words have their own picture and definition in the book. Please also check out my Catalogue Entry, it will explain who the artist is and how the work was created to my glossument. Please consider the art towards your gallery.

I really enjoy the work you have in your gallery and hope you would be interested and giving me or my classmates, hopefully everyone a chance in adding our art towards that collection. I look forward to what you think about it. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Giraffe