Journal Entry 03

img_4917

My internship is located at WeWork, a shared workspace community. I love the energy when I go there, it is really artistic, casual, and yet professional. I’ve noticed that there are a lot of young adults working there. The attire of the company that I work with is informal. I usually dress trendy casual when I am working.  There are many other companies that work in this space and they are divided into little glass offices. In a way, it’s a bit of a tight space but I am allowed to work in the refreshment area where I can listen to my music and feel like I am just at a café doing work. It is actually quite calming and lets my creativity process go quickly. I find this area also really cool, because others just go there to ease and read a magazine. Some go and play games just to wind down from stress or even have free refreshment. WeWork also have private phone booths, which allow an individual to have private phone calls without disturbing other workers. The work stations are mixed, they have cubicles, office, and open work areas. The typical employ workday for me is different since so many diverse individuals work there.  There is always someone taking a break, someone heading back to work. But, the whole environment is extremely comfortable.