Journal Entry #1 – The Real Life Times

The company I currently intern with is called “Real Life Times”.  The organization is a sub-division of the mother company called Community Concerns Network Inc., which is a not-for-profit community-based organization that born out of the need to empower and bring the needed resource to the communities that were underserved. “Real Life Times” is a local community newspaper and the medium through which the information was disseminated. The businesses would purchase advertising space in the paper the proceeds were used to fund the paper and other community events. In the past, I was a contributor to the paper writing stories about the events in the community or poetry about something that was currently happening for example I wrote a poem about unity between police and community. Upon returning on October 5, 2020, I worked on messaging around COVID-19. Since print is not so popular these days the volume of the newspaper produced is very small but there is a demographic that still want things in print and have no use for the app that is now being used as a secondary medium for streaming the information.