About Me

Tanisha Samuda RN, AAS

My name is Tanisha Lisa Samuda, I was born in St. Catherine’s, Jamaica. I came to America when I was five years old and ever since I have had an innate drive to become a better and more educated person. I have set many personal goals for myself that I have successfully accomplished. I am now a registered professional nurse in the state of New York. I am currently completing my Bachelors of Science in Nursing at New York City College of Technology, which is the same institution where I received my Associates in Applied Science in nursing. I currently hold a position within the Execusearch Group staffing organization. As a recent grad I see this position as a stepping stone to bigger and better things to come. As Swami Sivananda says, “put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success”.

As a registered professional nurse one of my major strengths is compassion and culturally competent care. I have a strong work ethic along with being a critical thinker, by being proactive in completing tasks and knowing what to do next. I have the ability to work in a team and in close collaboration with doctors and physicians and am able to handle pressure and remain calm and focused in critical situations such as surgery, or when the person experience sudden critical condition such as heart attacks. Prioritization, time management, and good communication are skills that I have acquired over the years not only as a student nurse but also as a working nurse. As a nurse I believe in building a trusting relationship with my client and being able to be a patient advocate.

My strengths knows no bounds, my success thus far has everything to do with my drive and passion for giving the most genuine, compassionate, and culturally competent care to individuals with diverse needs. I flourish on the happiness of others and being able to be the spark that ignites and causes a change in someone’s life. From the famous words of Maya Angelou, “my mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”