Views From The Tram

As you all know I have a Phobia for heights. When I started taking photography seriously two years ago, I decided that one of my many goals was to conquer my phobia for heights. So far I’ve been on a few rooftops; ‘the view is to die for’. The tram, I’ve been on many times. Although I still get a bit nervous, the amazing views help get rid of that and of course taking pictures.

The Tram is an aerial tramway that began operation in 1976. It spans in the east river and connects Roosevelt Island to the upper east side of Manhattan. Not run by the MTA but by LPOA (Leitner-Poma of America) . However it’s uses the MetroCard system. If you’re wondering whether it’s the only way to the Island, no it’s not. Mass transit can be used and also other vehicles but why? When you can have fun using the tram.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roosevelt_Island_Tramway

city buildings

” An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.”  8:00am

-Mahatma Gandhi

city buildings and rooftops

“Sometimes you don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.”  8:25am

-Unknown

city buildings on water

“Resist tour fear; fear will never lead you to a positive end.”  8:27am

-T.d Jakes

a city bridge

“Happiness is not absence of problems. It’s the ability to deal with them.” 3:17pm

-Unknown

cars on a city street at night

“Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.”  7:17pm

-George S. Patton