Happy First Day of Fall 2016 Semester

keep-calm-it's-my-last-semester

Image Credit

This semester is my most important semester as it’s my last semester. It’s the time when I actively start looking for a job. For those who are in the same position, it can be quite exciting and overwhelming at the same time. I will be graduating and taking the next steps along my career path. It’s also a time when I have to make sure that my resume, ePortfolio, cover letters, and achievements list are immaculate. Quite a task. But just as I do everything else, I will take it one step at a time.

So if this is you also, where should you start?

The first thing I recommend is that you start by defining your brand. What is it that you want the world to know about you? Truly defining who you are is a critical first step in developing ways to market yourself. By looking at your experiences, you can build a compelling brand experience that will highlighting your principles and successes. 

Try to describe yourself. Are you persistent or energetic? What are you good at and what are your unique set of skills? What makes you unique and different than other people? What attributes set you apart. Once you determine the answers, look at how it matches with the career that you want. Like I said, it’s not an easy task but who knows you better than you? You are the expert and you can do the best job.

But wherever you are in your academic goals, I wish you all the best. Let’s make this semester another successful one and know that it will pay off in the end.