Academic Self-Discovery: Careers in Psychology

Psychology is a science that studies the mind, behavior and focuses on a myriad of topics. Some include understanding certain aspects of life, treatment of psychological disorders and how experience/surroundings can affect individuals. Almost everything can be viewed through a psychological perspective. Things like the states of consciousness, social psychology, the different ways of learning and even the interpretation of dreams. It is for this reason that research and theories are tested.

During my time at City Tech I have taken three psychology classes. The first one was Introduction to Psychology which informed me of the background and theories of the field and made me aware of some concepts. The second, Child Psychology made me look deep in myself and past to identify what attachment style I had and how my upbringing influenced the person I am today. And finally, pyschology of Adolescence and Adulthood in which I did service learning to go out into my community and help those that were less fortunate.

If you happen to be someone intrested in biology, sociology, understanding the brain and behavior, a career in this field just might be the one for you. There’s an extensive list of psychology careers that people can choose from. Careers such as Military psychologist, Physical therapist and Child abuse counselors. Programs and degree paths are available so make sure to do some research on the ones that spark your curiosity.

Thank you for reading. How is your academic self-discovery going? What cool career paths have you found or intrested in? Feel free to let me know.