About Me

Hello!! Welcome to my E-portfolio. Here you will learn a little about me and my road to becoming a registered dental hygienist.

My name is Tacean Bignall, I was born and raised in a small beautiful island call Jamaican. I came to America when I was 14 years old and decided to take advantage of all the opportunity that this country had to offer. Growing up I never vision myself working in the dental field. My parents wanted me to pursue a career being a nurse, but I decided to follow my own path and try something different. I was a certified Dental assistant at the age of 18, which was a huge accomplishment for me. My journey in the dental field didn’t stop there. I fell in love with helping patients achieve a beautiful and healthy smile, so I decided to further my education and become a dental hygienist. The past 2 years in this dental hygiene program have been challenging both mentally and emotionally. But with hard work and determination, I am happy to say that I’m at the finish line.