My Nursing Philosophy

Since I was a little girl, I dream of being a nurse, so I could wear the white uniform and cap that I saw on the TV show.  Over the years of my nursing practice, I begin to understand a nurse is not just a person in a uniform but an individual that can make a big difference in people and patients’ life.  I believe providing care for patients is not just going for a visit to cure for an illness but caring for the patient’s full health being as a person.  When I first became a nurse I thought that providing safe nursing care and obtaining skills and knowledge was all I need to do.  However in the past few years as a visiting nurse, I have learned establishing a trustful relationship between patient and nurse is extreme vital in helping to heal patients more important than medicine.  The ability to truly show to my patients that I care about them provides a therapeutic foundation to promote trust relation aiding in the healing process.

I treated my patients as I would like to be treated.  Nursing is my way of helping others and also a way for giving back to our society.  I try to promote, advocate and protect the health, safety and right of each patient in my daily practice.  Following the principles of Florence Nightingale’s Pledge of Nursing and I always do my best to practice with compassion and respect for the every unique individual and their families.  My philosophy is simple and easy for me to carry on to my daily practice.

A City Tech OpenLab ePortfolio