My Clinical Experience

VNSNY 1250 Broadway New York, NY (9am ~ 1pm)

This morning I had attended an orientation with my clinical professor and peers at VNSNY main office located in Manhattan. VNSNY is the largest home care in the United States.  They have total of 12,660 employees. VNSNY services patients in all five boroughs plus Nassau and Westchester.  They provide home visit, hospital based and home attendant based services.  Ms. Deborah Wilson had taught us how to use their electronic system to document patient information and care.  Their electronic systems and applications they use provide me a great impression on them and an insight of their technical support for their staffs which contribute to their success.  Their applications allow staffs to develop a plan of patient care and maintain home attendant supervision plan, medication profile for clients, medical diagnosis and treatments, patients’ medical history, caregiver and emergency contacts, other agent services such as meals on wheels, primary physician information, referral, patient teaching, coordination, etc.

Electronic applications allow me process my daily work more efficiently and provide me more time to enhance my skills and knowledge in other areas.  In comparison to paperwork, electronic applications allow me to maintain and retrieve stored data more accurately and in timely manner.