Entry 5: Workplace Culture

The workplace culture at The Glimpse Group office is very casual. Our attire was business casual. On an everyday basis, I would go in with a tshirt, some simple skinny jeans and some boat shoes since the weather was warm. On occasion, I would wear a blazer.

My day began at 10AM and I was able to take a break at any time. On certain days, I would go out for lunch and stay out wherever I decided to have lunch at. On other days, I would sit at my desk and not leave the office for the entire day, up until 5PM when it was time to leave.

My supervisor Chris was also very flexible with my work schedule. My days were Monday, Thursday and Friday. On occasion, I would need to switch days and he was very willing to switch my days and ever gave me a difficult time. Also, if I needed a day off he was willing to work with me. As long as I communicated with him on which days I needed off or needed to switch, he was okay with everything. I also always made sure I got my work done and kept him up to date on my progress and what my next steps in were in the process of the design.

I simply love this work environment and the work relationship I had with Chris. We always had open communication and he was always transparent on what work needed to be done and by when it needed to be done. He also always gave me space to let me just get my work done and if I needed any help I could always go to him or to Leo. I hope in the future, whether it’s another internship or a new job I hope to be working in a similar environment.