Entry 14: Mentor

During the internship, Leo was my go to person whenever I needed help of any kind. He always made sure I had everything I needed. He always provided me with resources and provided me with the up to date knowledge when it came to web development languages.

He was always willing to share his experiences with me when it came to his own past internship, the job hunt and how he is able to maintain a work-life balance. He also helped me decided whether or not I should pursue web design or web development. He explained he had gone through the same process while in school, but he figured out sooner he wanted to be in the web development field so he was disappointed when CityTech didn’t offer as many coding classes as he had hoped. He encouraged me to just code a little bit every day and stay up to date on the latest in the languages. He said everything he knows now is self-taught and that is how it usually is in web development.

Having Leo as my supervisor was a great experience. I learned a lot and was able to determine the next course in my career. Sounds like a successful mentor to me!