Entry 4: Day-to-Day

My first day at The Glimpse Group had finally arrived. I walked in and instantly felt welcomed. I got a tour of the office by my two supervisors Chris and Leo then was introduced to my coworkers and fellow interns.

The three of us then sat down and discussed what my role would be and what a regular day in the office looks like. Chris explained I’d be working with Early-Adopter which is a subsidiary of The Glimpse Group. Early-Adopter creates innovative and interactive products for K-12 users using VR/AR solutions which can increase student engagement and retention. Early-Adopter currently has a project called ChilZone, which they are currently partnered with The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore.

Here’s a video more about Early-Adopter

My role was the design the website for ChilZone. I couldn’t wait to get started as this was way more work then I thought would be expected of a typical intern and I didn’t want to let them down.

Throughout the process, I was to work along side Leo who would help with development when the time came and I was to also work with Sarah who was the UX/UI designer.

My typical day began at 10AM. I came in, made some coffee and got straight to work on the website in Photoshop. After I felt I was at a good place with my work, I would show it to Leo for critiques. If he felt things needed to be changed, I would edit the files accordingly, if not the files went to Sarah. This process of creating the website, forwarding my work, receiving critiques and editing again was the majority of my internship.