Entry 1: Finding an Internship

My internship hunt started early spring of 2019, knowing I’d need an internship for the summer session. I had been applying everyday, but I never received any calls back. I started to get discouraged and wanted to give up.

Summer was steadily approaching, and still no calls back. The time to register for the summer session began and I was getting worried I wouldn’t have an internship on time. Unfortunately, that ended up being the case and I couldn’t take the internship course in the summer.

I then had no other choice but to enroll in the internship course for the fall semester. So, throughout the summer, I continued applying for internships.

I decided to take my internship search to LinkedIn. My professor Jay Van Buren, had posted a summer web internship opportunity at his job on his LinkedIn profile. I saw it and immediately applied once I saw I met all the credentials.

LinkedIn job posting by Jay

I then emailed him separately letting him know I applied for the position and telling him I was very much interested. He responded and gave me some details about the internship.

email
Email between myself and Jay