KNOW-YOUR-PUBLICATION QUESTIONS // Unit 3 Schedule

Christiana Awode

Prof Stone.

ENG 1101

11/21/2022

Part 1

1. CNN news is a great website for my letter to be published, to get news out there all around. CNN has breaking news, the latest news, and all types of videos, photos, and topics all over the world.
  2. Their audience is the world, whoever is watching or reading their news, this website has so many concerns, subjects, on anything anyone wants to learn about news.
  3. Their articles are like a page long, their videos are about 1 minute and 50 secs.
  4. There are different tones in the website, for breaking news their tone is serious, for regular news causal, concerned, and for entertainment it’s funny.
  5. Casual and formal diction is used.
  6. They use lots of evidence to pack up their news like interviews with people, quotes, other sources and websites, and lots of data.
  7. Their presentation is white background, with black and red writing, with lots of photos, commercials, and videos.
  8. Yes this would be a great website to reach my audience, CNN news is known, they reach the world, and lots of people need to know how racism is affecting people of color.

Part 2

I’m thinking of writing a letter to the people in charge, the congress since they have the power to change laws. I want to gather lots of information, and sources to back up my letter, I want to have videos also as evidence. I want to practice writing in 3rd person, I also want the letter to be very persuasive so the people of the congress can really make a change.