In-Class Writing 11-15-2022

My Unit 2 research was based on the negative impact that animals have from being placed inside of Zoos. For people to fully grasp the idea that they’re participating in the animals suffering, not only do they have to see how they’re taking part but also how to stop. The main excuse to why people are supporting Zoos is to educate. So, I’d like to teach my audience that there are other educational tools besides zoos to learn about animals and their environments.

The specific audience I’d like to reach would be the adults taking their kids to the Zoos. Parents, teachers, daycare instructors, etc.

I’m thinking about doing a documentary. Something that if an adult saw randomly on their Facebook feed, or suggested videos in YouTube, they’d stop what they’re doing and watch it.

I might publish the documentary on YouTube. YouTube has become a “go to” educational tool in schools and in people’s personal lives. Anyone interested or anyone who cares about animals might be interested in the video. If the video made it under the National Geographic channel or website, it could get a lot of views and spread more awareness.

To start I would look for clips of animals being captured/traded. Also, images of animals that were abused and videos of abuse. And write a draft of what I’m going to talk about and what quotes I’m going to use from my sources.

I’m worried I might not be using the right genre, even though I think a documentary is best. There might be another genre that could better attract my audience.