Hw 10/11

James Baldwin talks about how America is messed up, how there are so many privileges for a certain group of color, and less for black students. He says a child’s color should not affect which education they receive. Educators/teachers are the main cause of this issue of racism in America today. It’s up to him and society to change the ways of America. The world is larger means the world is beyond anything, this refers to our society and how it’s different from other societies and cultures. The “necessity” to examine, or the obligation to learn more about? Talks about if education helps students and if the goals are being achieved. I wish the basic things we need in life were taught in school like how to pay bills, manage money, file taxes, apply for jobs, and build a resume. All this stuff we need in real life a lot of adults are struggling because they weren’t taught any of this. We cannot go into the real-life world only knowing y=m+b, I feel like unnecessary things were taught to us. For example, we don’t need to learn so much math because we don’t use it in real life. I also wish I learned about the history of where I come from, racism, police brutality, and how badly It affected America, before I didn’t know all this stuff I was clueless, and I’ve experienced some cultural discrimination from other little kids, they made it seem so normal back then.