Homework for 9/15

The start of the pandemic was a huge deal for me, and probably for the whole population of students in New York City, this had a great impact on my education as well as how I looked at it. Things after the DOE announced they will close the schools went downhill, for the schools and institutions, because at first students were so glad, that we were off for a few weeks, but then it turned into a few months, then an entire year, which was easy at all. There were many ways in which were able to learn and work virtually, which we have not tried before, or did not know exactly existed, this made it difficult for students, as well as teachers since working virtually, isn’t the same thing as working in person, which classmates present and working together, it made it harder for some of us to learn since some of us are visual and manual learners. Technology was also a small difficulty, I had heard from classmates and other students that they weren’t able to get their hands on a device, and/or did have the access to internet or WIFI at home, which made it impossible for them to attend class virtually. Being in class during those months, was difficult since sometimes attending class in bed or in the living room made it distracting and hard to concentrate sometimes too tired I would fall asleep in the middle of class, or the living room or kitchen will be loud I wouldn’t hear my classes or I would get distracted, gladly my internet worked most of the time. There were some days that the google classroom site would crash, lag, or stop loading, I couldn’t get into some of my classes, and sometimes my laptop’s mic wasn’t working, or even the camera. In certain classes, I was asked to do manual work, such as small models or projects, but my arts and crafts stores were kind of far, and I didn’t have any materials at home, or enough to complete them, this made it even harder because I was scared to go out and probably get sick