Homework 9/15

On my chair, behind my desk in a classroom dedicated to the dreadful studies of AP Statistics during another day of my junior year of high school, I was beginning to ponder so many things.  The first of those things was if I was going to make it to lunch since this class was always the one before us students when to the lunchroom and I was always being driven mad with hunger during that hour and a half that I always sat there waiting.  The second, was when it was all going to be over for good.  I was a boy of many mistakes, and this particular one was probably the most terrible blunder of them all.  I had signed up for AP Statistics and a few other advanced placement courses the during the end of the sophomore year, thinking I could handle the workload and more advanced material to learn, but I was wrong.  So dreadfully wrong in fact, that I would be spending the entirety of my junior year of high school in so much pain from this error, that it  completely changed everything I felt about my education and what I was supposed to be doing with my future.

I has grown up with very high expectations of myself, believing I would one day become someone great and knowledgable.  My pride growing up as a kid came from getting good grades and making my parents proud of me, but I hated school, and the process of getting those good grades was not good to put it bluntly.  I was a massive procrastinator, constantly putting my homework off until the last minute, which I still got done, but made me always work until late into the night.  I was also a terribly introverted and anxiety ridden mess of a kid, things as simple as homework and projects just made me sweat because I was a perfectionist who wanted to get everything right and would not stop working until it was.  Things had been this way for as long as I could remember, but it wasn’t until junior year of high school that I truly reached the limits of what I could handle; and when that happened, everything just collapsed.