Homework for 9/13

The pandemic was one of the most impacting and huge events in my education that has mentally, emotionally, and physically impacted me and my learning. Having to accommodate and adapt to a different way of learning, remotely, was a total twist for not only me but for my classmates and the rest of my school, I feel like at that moment, the whole education system had to rapidly accommodate and create virtual learning ways for students to efficiently learn as if they were present, this created a rush in school getting to know and control apps such as zoom, google classroom, and so on. The first idea I can write about in this assessment can be the difficulties many students have at home whenever they had to focus, work and connect in class because since we spent most of the day either in bed or in our living room at home, we would usually get distracted by things at home, some of us might even fall asleep and forget about our classes, this lack of focus was a huge problem for us and for our teachers who tried their best to teach us as if nothing had happened. Another topic I can write about can be the difficulty and lack of internet and technology devices at home, since some of us do not have the financial freedom to obtain a laptop, phone, or iPad at home, in addition to, many students had no access to internet/WIFI and home, and they couldn’t just go to the nearest library or nearest Starbucks to get free WIFI, everything was closed, and it was almost difficult to get access to the internet for those certain students. The last topic/idea I can write about can be the different systems each institution used in order to communicate with their students and with each other in general, some schools in other areas lacked technology devices as well as sources to create classes and have the up to date teach to teach, this made it difficult for the students in those schools to learn and do their work, this was an issue in low economic areas/neighborhoods.