RLW HW 9/6

When Bunn states, “You are already an author.” Which is referring to me, the reader, I believe he means that I may not be aware of it but I already have the experiences and skills when it comes to writing. In my everyday life, I text/write to my friends and family. Some cases, I’d have to email, in most cases in a formal manner.
I feel having this existing expertise will help me in my college reading and writing career because I’m able to implement techniques that I already use on a daily basis.
To elaborate, I am able to differentiate between writing formally and informally. Depending on who I’m talking to, such as a friend, no need for formality if we are well acquainted, as well as around the same age. Maybe it’s my grandmother I have to send a text to, I’d have to understand our age and relationship. I wouldn’t speak to her if she was a stranger nor would I as if she was a stranger. It’s all about understanding a balance of the situation, as well as the mood. Is the conversation something serious? If so, I can’t just crack a joke out of no where. Adapting and connecting emotionally seem to be crucial when it comes to writing. One thing I’ve noticed in Bunn’s article that I would to try in my own writing is appealing to the reader. Understanding the technique on how to connect to the reader as well presenting your work in a way that makes sense but on paper it doesn’t, I would definitely like to try. Like how in the beginning of the article starts off in a way where you’re probably thinking you’re reading the wrong text but then you could start to understand how it all connects.