Sara Syal, RN
Multilingual& enthusiastic RN looking for a position in a HealthCare facility where I can make the most of my nursing education and training, in addition to my interpersonal skills to provide the highest level of patient care. I have experience in working with diverse population. I possess strong analytical, customer service, and communication skills as evident by prior employment history.
- School Registered Nurse at The Shield Institute, Flushing, NY, for developmental disabled school and preschool students. First responder and responsible for administering, planning, organizing, and documenting nursing/medical care services to students and staff; promote health and safety in the school/program environment. Review current and incoming students’ and staff’s annual physicals (June 2017- January 2018).
- Customer Service/ Waitress at Hagane Hibachi Japanese restaurant, a fast-paced restaurant, Ozone Park, NY (September2013-March 2017), while attending college full time during the day to complete nursing.
- Moved from India and started my first job in customer service as a Senior Page at the Buffalo and Erie County Public Library (Aug 2011- Dec 2012) in Buffalo, NY, where I managed a team of 5 people in the completion of their tasks and I over saw customer service in the media department.
CUNY New York City College of Technology Expected 2018
(BSN-RN)) Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Brooklyn, NY
CUNY New York City College of Technology
(RN) Associates in Applied Science in Nursing, Brooklyn, NY December 2016
- Long term care, Kingsbrook Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY August 2014- December 2014
- Rehabilitation Unit, Boro Park Rehab Center August 2014-December 2014
- Telemetry Unit, Kingsbrook Medical Center, Jan 2015- May 2015
- Oncology Unit, Elmhurst Hospital Center, Queens, NY Jan 2015- May 2015
- Psychiatric Unit, Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY August 2015- December 2015
- Acute/Critical Care, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY Jan 2016- May2016
- Labor and Delivery Unit, Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY August 2016- December 2016
- Critical Care+Leadership, Coney Island Hospital, Brooklyn, NY September 2017- December 2017
- Performed head-to-toe assessment and patient education; tracheostomy, respiratory care. Administered medications via oral, IM, subcutaneous, IV, NG and PEG tube and monitor reactions & side effects. Reinforced HIPPA standard and served as patient advocate. Assisted wound care nurse in wound assessment and change the dressing when necessary.
- Excellent customer service as evidenced by prior employment.
- Fluent in English, Hindi and Tamil- Indian regional languages.
- Experienced in VisualEMR documentation, Peribirth and in EKG reading.
- Technical skills: MS Word, Excel, Power point, Access and Outlook.
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Nurse: New York State Board of Nursing, License #XXXXX
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certified by American Heart Association.
- “Certificate of Merit in Service Learning” from the Science Dept., for tutoring Microbiology to pre-Nursing students in Spring 2013 semester, at CUNY Hostos Community College, Bronx NY.
- American Nursing Association (ANA), member
- Indian Nursing Association (INA), member
- NUTRIX- Nursing Club at New York City College of Technology
REFERENCE: Available upon request.