Philosophy

I believe that nursing is one of the most rewarding professions in the world. Not only do I have the ability to enhance the quality of life but I also have the ability save a person’s life. This means so much to me when I contemplate on what nursing is about. Nursing is based on Watson’s Caring Theory which focuses on caring for the patient’s physical, social, spiritual, and biological well-being.  Furthermore, nursing encompasses effective communication and teamwork. It is through effective communication which brings forth creativity, truthfulness, and problem-solving abilities. When nurses display these characteristics it shows that they are committed to enhance patient outcomes. Moreover, having a collaboration between different disciplines will also foster patient-centered care. My personal philosophy and core values are focused on equality, honesty, and helping people. I strongly believe that if I continue to allow these qualities manifest in my daily actions I will be a better person. I strive everyday fore excellence and persistence.  My goals are to make good decisions and give back to the community. That is why I pledge to protect and advocate for the safety of my patients.