About Me

Hello everybody, my name is Shu Fen. I am a senior in NYCCT majoring in Dental Hygiene. I was born and raised in South China. I was a dental assistant for seven years, which gave me a great opportunity to explore the dental field. I wanted to do something to help others while also being able to help myself and my family. I decided two years ago to become a full-fledged Dental Hygienist. It has been a great journey with lots of obstacles but past the obstacles come achievements. I have learned a great deal of skills while working with my patients through the Dental Hygiene program. I feel joyful when I interact with my patients and when I’m able to make a positive impact in regards to their oral health. That is what I’ve come to realize after all my years of participation. I welcome all the challenges that come my way and all the amazing people that I’ve met along the way. I am looking forward to an awesome adventure with lots of possibilities and hope that I can keep contributing to the world in front of me.