Course Work and Competencies

Course/ Assignment Skills Learned
Counseling Methods This course thought me how to ask open ended questions during my interviews. We were given 3 different interviews where we had to practice conducting interview with clients and we had to record and transcribe all three interviews. This assignment also thought me to listen to what my clients were saying and how to interpret my client’s feelings.
Elements of Counseling This course thought me how to conduct a proper intake assessment. The course term paper consists of a 10 page intake that had to be conducted in a professional format. This assignment was a killer but I am now able to do intake assessments in my sleep.
Community Health This course thought me how a community can provide resources for my clients. This course also thought me to pay attention to the community my client’s lives in and how this community affects their everyday life. The term paper for this course was a great because it gave me insight to all that my community had to offer. I learned the value or my neighborhood and how that could help and hinder my life.