It was about five years ago since I’ve learned who Anne Frank was. I was never fascinated with history, but when I learned who she was and what she did it caught my attention. Being a freshman in high school my english teacher gave us a book called “The Diary Of A Young Girl”, this book specifically was published in 1993. I don’t remember everything that was written in the book, but I know the book was very interesting. I remember this book allowing me to paint pictures in my head and understanding how the character feels. Looking back to my freshman year I never thought about why my teacher made us read the 1993 version. But thinking of it now it made the book more reliable and life like given that the holocaust took place during 1941-1945.

Skimming back over the book it brought back so many memories. A young girl having to spend her life in hiding due to the holocaust. It upsets me how cruel someone can be just to dictate someone’s life. I can’t imagine how someone like Anne Frank was always able to keep a smile on her face and continue to do the things she does. When I think of Anne Frank I think of the word strong. A young girl hiding for two years avoiding the concentration camps knowing what might happen to her family if they are found, but yet she tries to continue living her life as if everythings normal. 

Bringing back these old memories makes me want to re-read her diary. Now that I am older I want to see how I will interpret her diary differently than the way I did before. I want to know what is different about the book? How is the author’s use of diction different? Would there be different emotions in the book?