Big Ideas Welcome Here

Diary Excerpt_Week1_Masha

MARCH 25, 2020- FOSTER AVENUE, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK CITY

2:52 PM

Dear Diary,

I am writing this in the afternoon. I did not eat lunch yet since my mom is not done cooking so while I’m waiting for my mom to finish cooking, I thought about writing this diary entry. I took a Snapple from my refrigerator and started drinking and went on YouTube to play Beethoven 9th Symphony – Movement IV – “Ode to Joy. (I will attach the link of what I’m listening to after writing this) Nothing special happened recently, every day I hear more people deceased due to this virus. I feel very depressed for those people that lost a family member.

Lately, I’ve been feeling a little frustrated with how my online classes are going. I feel like professors are assigning more assignments now than they did in a face to face class. I’m trying my best to not be affected by it and calmly finish up all of my assignments on time. Online classes have been a positive and negative experience for me. It was positive because, for some of my classes, I learned more about a topic than I did in school. However, it was also negative because of the number of assignments that are piling up and a few of my professors are not familiar with online classing so it’s hard for them to teach and for me to understand what they are teaching.

It’s almost 3:45 PM and I’m almost done writing the diary entry for the day. I guess one interesting thing I did today was watching food competition videos on YouTube. It was very funny and entertaining, so I enjoyed watching that a lot and another thing I did today that I regret so much is posting an embarrassing old picture on Instagram. It was a challenge so I had to do it and the rules are if any of your followers post an embarrassing picture of themselves on Instagram with a caption “until tomorrow” and if you liked it, that person challenges you to post an embarrassing picture of yourself. It can be an old or a new picture.

Here’s the link of what I was listening to while writing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdWyYn0E4Ys

1. Sarah Schmerler

OMG, Masha, I am listening to your Beethoven right now. I love it. Thank you thank you.
    -Prof. S.
    P.S. More commenting to come. I gotta run.

• Sarah Schmerler

I think your thoughtful tone really comes through. I like how you are taking yourself and your writing seriously.
      Mundane things are a fine subject. Conveying them with care is good writing. : – )
      I really like this,
      -Prof. S.

• Masha Sukkur

Thank you so much professor for your comments!! And I really love listening to “ode to joy”, I’ve been listening to it for years now and it also helped me sleep sometimes when I was stressed