Transformation is New Perception

Assignment 1 OL 48: “Intro”

Hey! My name is Raj.

I am currently ecstatic about this upcoming English course, as English is one of my favorite subjects. Throughout my educational career, I always found English to be the easiest to be passionate about. English Teachers/Professors always seem to be the kindest out of most teachers’ subjects and this would only make English more favorable for me. My winter break was pretty relaxing, my 18th birthday was on the second to last day of the year so the last week of the year was pretty eventful. I took this opportunity to catch up on rest as I feel like I was pulled a bit thin over the fall semester. I have high hopes for this semester and this new year overall and plan to be productive and implement better habits.

For my picture, I chose my absolute favorite fictional character of all time. His name is Eren Yeager and he is the protagonist and antagonist in the show “Attack On Titan” by Hajime Isayama. Eren Yeager’s character concept was to have a character be so obsessed with the concept of “freedom” but have the ability to see an “unchangeable” future, this contradiction and Isayama’s portrayal of this amazing character was what made me fall in love with this series. I chose this picture because last year for English I was able to write an essay on him and was able to go above and beyond in terms of the assignment. The assignment was to write an essay on war and two perspectives. Attack on Titan being my favorite show, I was able to write an in-depth analysis of the story as Isayama littered the story with foreshadowing and symbolism. I truly do believe Attack on Titan to be a masterpiece as a piece of fiction, and I can quite literally talk about it for days. I highly recommend it to anyone that is interested.

I hope to have a very eventful semester with you guys!

1. Mishal Bhutta

Hey Raj!
    Happy Belated Birthday
    The fall semester also exhausted me since I was all online and I was moving houses so multi-tasking moving and college fried my brain, but it’s all good now.
    Glad it’s the same for you.

Attack on Titan is in fact a great show, but I never made it past the first season. My best friend forced me to watch it because she was obsessed, but I couldn’t watch it any further. However, she always talked about it, so you are right, it is a show that holds many deep meanings, and symbolism definitely holds a powerful position in this show. Overall, you can learn quite a lot from it and it is recommended!!

2. Edmund Yuen

big fan of the AOT series huh? good looking out 🙂

3. matthewf

Hello Raj!
    Happy Birthday! I can understand how you felt during your fall semester and I was a bit overwhelm since there were many things going on. But everything turned out to be alright since I managed to things on time and properly!

As for the AOT aye! I love it! The newest season is getting hyped as well but seems like you’ve read the manga for it as well nice!

4. MD MOIN UDDIN

Hey, I would love to watch it, sounds so interesting to me.

5. Sukhraj Singh

Love to see you use eren as your picture and the manga version and how you went in depth with it I haven’t gave attack on titan a chance yet just might