Life is Change

As she walked past the exit, I walked in. She walked away as I quickly pressed my lips against her peachy cheeks. We did this day and night. I walk past the exit and she walks in. It pained me seeing her like that: exhausted, sleepy, drained, but she always carried an immense smile. The weekends were peaceful and still as we slept in, especially her. I’m aware that we didn’t spend much time with her, but we can’t blame her.

Drastically, it all changed. With everything happening, we’ve been spending each day in the apartment. We see my mamá each day, and it feels like we made a 360-degree turn. My friendship with my mamá has increased, and it’s expanding regularly. We’re tighter as a family, and I’m appreciative. Never had we spend this much time with her, and it feels unusual.

This pandemic has been disturbing, but as humans, dealing with change is within us. We experience and learn. I’m aware that as things are decreasing little by little, my mamá will be hired again, and it will be like earlier, just this time, with a larger bond.