Words to Change Our World with Prof. Sarah Schmerler

Assignment #1

One word that describes my feelings towards online college is concerned. This feeling stems from my worries regarding online education. Personally, I don’t believe that a laptop can embody a real classroom environment. Eventually your body and eyes start hurting from staring at a computer screen for prolonged periods of time. You also miss the opportunity to truly interact and get to know your peers. I never envisioned  my college experience and interactions to take place on an online platform.  I currently find  it difficult  to talk to staff; especially when  you are communicating through email and not having a face to face conversation. Also, school responsibilities mix with home responsibilities making it harder to get a quiet and uninterrupted environment. I know online school is going to be an adjustment, however, I still feel fortunate because in spite of the difficult times we managed to make the best of it.

These are my aunt’s dogs. The one on the right is named Sugar and the other one is Sasha. I spend time with them regularly and they alway brighten my day.

1. Mark Rodriguez

Yea I definitely get your point and I feel like I get sleepy looking at the screens for too long.