Words to Change Our World with Prof. Sarah Schmerler

Coffee and Notebooks and Nerves: the Prof.

“Anxious.” That is my one word — if I had to choose only one.

I mean, who wouldn’t be worried?

The other would be…”curious.”

I kind of wonder if we all have what it takes to adapt and make something new.
Anxious: what if this computer doesn’t work first day of class?
Curious: will the students all smile and say Hi and participate on Zoom like I hope? or, will they be too shy and think that I am the one in charge, and that I have all the answers. I mean, yes, I am the person in charge, but NONE of this will work without it being a two-way street.  And nobody has all the answers.

I will need to be twice as energetic and twice as willing to adapt if this is gonna work. And if they feel the same, that would be the key.
Sigh.
That was my coffee cup this morning. I also had tea. Like, more than 4 cups of tea. And now it is 4:00PM and I am still not done setting up this website. I got a “Your Windows License is About to Expire” warning on my PC for the last…4 days? So I asked my son for his laptop and spent the morning downloading Zoom and testing it and downloading Chrome so I have a backup.

I gotta just post this or it will be dinner time before I know it. My other photos are for Saba, a student in our class. She mentioned using a notebook, so I will share some of mine.

yeah, my note taking style is…unique…but it works for me and that’s what’s important.

I’ve got lots more notebooks that these, believe it or not.

Thanks for reading. I did my own assignment. I like to do the assignments along with my students sometimes because hey, I shouldn’t ask them to do anything I’m not willing to, you know?

1. Sarah Schmerler

Oops. I misspelled the student’s name — it’s “Sana,” not “Saba.” I mean, I made a mistake in my own assignment. !&*#(*%@*)#&! Not perfect. Not at all. At least I caught it. : )